Saturday 15 February 2014

The Weekly Book Round Up! 15th February




Welcome to the latest Weekly Book Round Up, a post where I recap the latest news stories and posts from the blog. Enjoy!

In the news

Waterstones have revealed the shortlists for their Childrens' Book Prize. In the 9-12 category, the shortlist is as follows:

The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chaniani,
Darcy Burdock by Laura Dockrill,
Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell
Shiveton Hall by Emerald Fennell,
The Last Wild by Piers Torday
The Skull in the Wood by Sandra Greaves

And the teen shortlist is made up of the following books:

Geek Girl by Holly Smale
Our of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
Butter by Erin Jade Lange
The Bone Dragon by Alexa Casale
Paper Aeroplanes by Dawn O'Porter
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch

The winners of the prize will be announced on 3rd April. For more information and to read the shortlist in full, head over to the Waterstones website.

A rumour has appeared online that a trailer for Mockingjay Part One could be released in April. Read more over on FangirlDaily.

Robert Schwentke has been lined up to direct Insurgent, the sequel to Divergent, with filming set to begin in May. Read the story over on Hypable. In other Divergent news you'll soon be able to get your hands on Four and Tris dolls.

On the blog

On Monday I talked about reading slumps and shared a few of my tips for overcoming them. On Tuesday I got in the Valentine's Day spirit by sharing my Top Ten Books to Make You Swoon. Wednesday saw me waiting on Love, Lies and Lemon Pies by Katie Canon. And on Friday I shared the book trailer for Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith.

What I've Been Reading

I'm about halfway through Paranormalcy by Kiersten White which I'm really enjoying. I've been dying to read it ages and the main character, Evie, is fab! My friend lent me a couple of sporting autobiographies this week. It's nice to dive into something different every now and then! I've already started David Weir's Weirwolf, My Story and next up is the Brownlee brothers' Swim, Bike, Run.

What are you reading this weekend? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I'm much more familiar with the Waterstones list than the Carneige, some great choices there! Excited about Mockingjay too, cant come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Weekly Round-up. There is always something I find interesting. Thanks for the Waterstones listings because my blog also has a children's page and a MG page. The Insurgent info is exciting, although I still loathe the casting done for Four. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...