Monday 30 December 2013

December's Book of the Month and Books of the Year 2013!

Each month I pick a favourite book from those I've reviewed and award it the title of Book of the Month. As we're approaching the end of the year I'm also going to look back over all my Books of the Month so I can see my favourite books from throughout the year.

Firstly to December's Book of the Month. I haven't reviewed as many books this month as I'm finishing up a bit earlier than usual, which makes it an easier choice. My favourite book that I reviewed in December is....


 Frostbite by Richelle Mead!

This was the first joint review I did after reading it with my friend Daisy. It also seems a very appropriate December book with the winter theme! I loved it even more than this first VA book and it makes me even more excited to carry on with the series. Read the full review here.

Books of the Year!

So let's take a look back at all my books of the month for 2013 to see my pick of the crop for this year! Not all books were necessarily released this year. These are just the months I happened to review them.

January


February


March



April


May



June



July


September

October



November



December


Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Looking back I'm pretty happy with my choices! I think I've got a good mix of genres in there (although lots of dystopian - you can tell it's my favourite thing to read!). There were books that had me on the verge of tears (Code Name Verity, Falling Through the World) and books that gave me a good giggle (Spy School, Geek Girl). There were new releases and debuts (Fearsome Dreamer, Geek Girl) as well as books that had been around a while (Frostbite).

Have you read any of these books? What were your top picks of 2013? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...