Monday 8 July 2013

Interview with Sasha and Daisy from Fandomsnews.com!

Today's post is something exciting and a little different for me! I've interviewed Sasha and Daisy from the brand new news side Fandomsnews.com, which posts stories from a range of fandoms including The Mortal Insturments and Divergent, and features book reviews and news from across YA. I've been posting the odd review as part of the site and I'm delighted to be a part of it! I thought it would be great for people to get to know a little bit more about the people who run the site so I hope you enjoy getting to know them!

Interview with Sasha and Daisy from Fandomsnews.com

What was the last book you read?
Sasha: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.
Daisy: Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan.

Last book you bought?
Sasha: The Raft by S.A. Bodeen and Linger by Maggie Stiefvater.
Daisy: Demons Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan. (I'm on a Sarah Rees Brennan roll!)

What book is closest to you right now?
Sasha: Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donavan.
Daisy: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.

Physical books or e-books?
Sasha: Physical!
Daisy: I'm torn. Physical books are wonderful but for space e-books are equally good. Going to go for physical though.

Last book that made you cry?
Sasha: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.
Daisy: I'm the same as Sasha! That had me blubbering.

Let's talk about Fandomsnews! Tell me a bit about the site.
Sasha: Well I started the site, spontaneously because I wanted there to be a multifandom fansite that fans can go to for the newest news! I decided I couldn't do this by myself so I asked Daisy to be my co-admin and she's been a HUGE part in it ever since!
Daisy: Sasha pretty much summed it up there! We are very dedicated to getting all the news out there, making it an easy and accesable site to navigate. We are hoping for a bright future for Fandomsnews.

Which are your favourite fandoms to be involved in at the moment?
Sasha: The Mortal Instruments! I love that series like its my own. I have a IG fanpage for TMI called @theshadowhunters and I've been posting on it everyday for the past 9 months.
Daisy: The Mortal Instruments and Divergent. I recently got involved in a twitter entirely related to TMI. If it wasn't for you recommending the books further, I may not even exist in the fandom.

What are your favourite things about being involved with fandom?
Sasha: Gosh there are so many things but I love having a community of people who "get" me and having endless things to talk about with them.
Daisy: I like that no matter where you are in the world, you can connect with someone who has the same interest as you. I love talking about books, so it just gives a platform for my thoughts to blossom.

What's the most exciting news story you've posted on the site so far?
Sasha: The most exciting news to post about so far has either been the new City of Bones photos or the new German trailer for city of bones... OR the TMI hot topic clothing line. I love it all!
Daisy: I really loved posting about the Divergent photos. It feels so much like how my imagination saw it so got a few squeals out of me. There was a lot of hype when the first photo of Four was released!

There's lots of exciting film adaptations coming up, especially within YA. Which is your most anticipated? 
Sasha: I really cannot wait until The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones! Ive been waiting so long for this movie, and its almost here! so exciting.
Daisy: I really want to see City of Bones! It's a gruelling wait but it's almost over. Catching Fire will be the next big thing for me after that.

If you could invite four people to a dinner party (alive or dead/fictional or real!) who would they be and why?
Sasha:
1. Jace Wayland because he would be the life of the party!
2. My mom, because she's my role model and I miss her.
3. Veronica Roth because that woman is so much fun to talk to!
4. Lily collins because she is my idol.
Daisy:
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That girl kicks butt and got me in to fantasy - which followed to fantasty books. I owe Buffy!
2. Tessa Gray. I'd get her to bring an extra dress along to try on..
3. John Green. I think he'd be really interesting to have and could reduce me to tears or make me smile. Let hope on the latter!
4. Magnus Bane. That would get the party really going I think.

If people want to know more about you where can they find you?
Sasha: Oh gosh theres a lot...!!
Daisy: There really is so many links!
Instagrams: @theshadowhunters, @adauntless and @fandomsnews
Twitter: @theshadowhunt, @fandomsnews, @sashaalsberg and @tmibritain.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/abookutopia?feature=watch (abooktuopia) and http://www.youtube.com/user/AThousandLivesOfDais
FB: Better in Black and Fandomsnews.

Thank you so much to Sasha and Daisy for answering my questions! Don't forget to check out the site at Fandomsnews.com for so much book and film related goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...