Wednesday 29 May 2013

What I'm Recommending! (#1)


Before I started this blog, one of the things I loved doing was recommending books to friends. I've decided to turn that into a feature on the blog by sharing books I've been recommending recently to friends or people online, along with a brief explanation of why I'm recommending it. That way, hopefully people can discover a few new books without having to always trawl through reviews. I hope you enjoy this new feature!


What I'm Recommending:  
The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer.

Why I'm Recommending it: 
I had a friend who loved retellings and sci-fi and another who loved dystopia so this was a great rec for them both! Book one in the series is Cinder (a Cinderella retelling) and book two is Scarlet (a Red Riding Hood retelling.)




What I'm Recommending:  
Legend by Marie Lu

Why I'm Recommending it:
 Loads of people are reading Divergent right now and I think if you like Divergent then you'll love this.  





What I'm Recommending: 
Hidden Gem by India Lee and Intangible by J. Meyers

Why I'm Recommending it: 
Somebody on Twitter was asking me for Kindle recommendations recently and these are two great self-published novels you need on your Kindle. Hidden Gem is a really fun contemporary with a great concept (girl leading a double life as a pop star!) and Intangible is one of my favourite urban fantasy books - plus the sequel just came out!

What books have you been recommending recently? I'd love to hear your recs in the comments. And check back soon for more of What I'm Recommending!

8 comments:

  1. Intangible, is your fav? I've never heard of it, but to be your favorite, it has to be good. I've got to check it out.

    Let's see...what would I recommend...Graceling and Slammed, then maybe Divergent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And the sequel was just as good :D ooh I neeeed to read Graceling. I think my library has it so I might bump it up my list! Divergent is a must, and I haven't read Slammed but I have Hopeless on my Kindle :) great recommendations! Thanks so much for sharing :D

      Delete
  2. what a great idea for a post! I might just join you on this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love that :D I love hearing what books people are recommending :) thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Cool feature! I read Cinder because it was recommended to me, and I loved it so much and now recommend it to everyone else! :) I'll have to read Legend, it sounds really good! :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legend is fantastic, and I loved the sequel even more so definitely a trilogy worth starting :D thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete
  4. I love Legend! It was really wicked. As for Cinder and Scarlet, I have it on my shelves and I'm planning to reading it soon after I'm done with the things I need to review first. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get round to Cinder and Scarlet soon :) and fingers crossed they'll be worth the wait! Thanks so much for your comment :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...