Sunday 26 May 2013

Weekly Book Round Up! 26th May




 Weekly Book Round Up!

Welcome to another recap of what's been happening on the blog and what I've been reading this week! I had an amazing week book haul wise and also got quite a lot read and reviewed, so it's a busy post today. Enjoy!

Currently reading:
Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Books finished:
Fire Spell by Laura Amy Schlitz
The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
Starlet's Web by Carla J. Hanna
Starlet's Run by Carla J. Hanna

Books reviewed:
Tethers by Jack Croxall
Merch Girl by Rebecca Lewis
Undone by Cat Clarke
Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase

Links above go to my reviews. I have so many reviews queued up that I'm posting a few more than usual to try and clear my schedule for the next few months. Yay for being productive!

Won:


House of Secrets by Chris Columbus and Ned Vizzini
Drummer Girl by Bridget Tyler

So excited about both of these! Won Drummer Girl from Luna's Little Library blog giveaway (thank you so much to Luna and Templar!) along with a load of cool make-up and drumsticks! I've been really looking forward to this book so I'm excited to have my hands on a copy. And I won House of Secrets the other week from a Tesco Twitter giveaway but it arrived this week - yay! It's signed too which is super cool. I actually had this one out from the library but returned it when I found out I'd won a copy. Excited to pick it up again!

A huge thank you to the author for the review copies!

Library books:


Struck by Lightning by Chris Colfer
Insignia by S. J. Kincaid

Library holds:
Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness

Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan
The Ninth Star by Laura Albins
Twixt by Sarah Diemer
Gone by Christine Kersey

Links above go to Goodreads. Particularly excited about Crossing the Line as I loved Pushing the Limits! I don't usually read these extras unless they're free so really happy I'll get the chance. The others all look really interesting, especially The Ninth Star which I think is dystopian and Twixt which is GLBT.

Other posts:
Top Ten Tuesdays: Covers of Books I've Read
Teaser Tuesdays
News Round Up!

What books have you got your hands on this week? Read anything exciting? Let me know in the comments - I love hearing from you!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you got some amazing books this week! :D I saw a copy of House of Secrets in Asda the other week and I thought it looked really good - I may have to go pick it up. I didn't realise Crossing The Line was a freebie on Amazon at the moment - I MUST go get it! Thanks for sharing your books this book and for stopping by my STS post. :)
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to start House of Secrets, it looks so much fun :D and it has a quote from J. K. Rowling on the cover which obviously gets me interested! I'd put off getting Crossing the Line because I don't like paying for those short story things so I was super excited it was free. Haven't got round to reading yet but I'll probably give it a go this week :D hope you enjoy it too! Thanks so much for your lovely comment :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard great things about Struck by Lightning! I hope you enjoy everything and I'm a new follower! :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! I wasn't that keen on Struck by Lightning in the end (finished it yesterday!) which was so disappointing because I'd been really looking forward to it :(

      Delete
  3. I have seen Twixt on Amazon for a few days now but I never know whether to get it or leave it as I'm not sure its my kind of book. Hope you enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for a free book so the only thing that stops me downloading them is if I check out the sample and don't like the writing style! I'm trying more and more to read new things and get out of my comfort zone :D thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...