Thursday 22 November 2012

NaNoWriMo: Day 22

The end is almost in sight! 3 weeks into NaNoWriMo, how is everyone getting on?

I've made no secret of the fact that this year has been a bit of a struggle for me, but I'm just about managing to keep up with the pace. At the start of today, before doing any writing, I'm at 34,241 works. Just 15,759 to go!

There may be just over a week left but this week has turned out to be a pretty busy one. I've had a lot of other commitments and writing has had to take a backseat. I've been struggling with fatigue which makes writing pretty tricky, too. My story is starting to shape up a bit more though which I'm very happy about. I didn't plan as much this year which means some of the twists and turns in my story have come as a surprise to me as I'm writing! Ideas are coming to me midway through which is good, because I needed more of them ;)

My story has also ended up lot darker than I expected. I think getting really into my characters' heads and seeing their flaws and putting them in challenging situations has lead to me to really get fired up and write more than I have been doing.

Let's hope I can stay on track for the final week!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're enjoying it :) Good luck for your final week of writing.

    Molly x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...