Wednesday 18 July 2012

The new look Total Teen Fiction!

Today I am super excited to reveal Total Teen Fiction's new look! If you're reading this then you can see my shiny new background. I've been wanting to change it for a while, but I wanted to create a custom-made background rather than one of the standard Blogger ones I had been using. This way it makes it feel a lot more personal and hopefully it gives the blog its own identity!



It is pretty personal because I doodled the background image with my own fair hands. I'm no artist (it still makes me laugh that my year 9 art teacher wanted me to take GCSE art - I think she was just too polite to tell me I was awful) so it's nothing groundbreaking. But I like doodles.

I really wanted the background to be YA themed, so I chose the heart to represent love and the want to represent magic because those are two of my favourite things in YA novels! And the bookshelf and the laptop are pretty self-explanatory. This is a book blog so I have to include books and the internet in there somewhere.

I'm not going to make a habit of changing the background, mainly because I'm a total perfectionist and once I start tinkering with these things I find it very hard to stop. Also, because when it comes to websites, I'm one of those people who doesn't like change (I still haven't gone over to Facebook Timeline!) and so I won't force it on you lovely readers. Plus the actual important bit of the blog is the content; the posts and reviews. Being pretty is just a nice bonus ;)

I hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. I like the new look. It has a welcoming and cheerful feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! That's lovely to hear. I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...