Thursday 12 July 2012

News Round Up!

A few news stories have popped up on my radar recently, surrounding some of my favourite teen fiction fandoms. Here's a quick catch up!

Robert Sheehan cast as Simon in City of Bones
Cassandra Clare is spoiling us with goodies this week! I'm super excited to see Simon finally cast. I haven't watched Misfits before but I have seen Cherrybomb and loved Robert Sheehan in that. He seems a pretty good fit to me!

City of Bones teaser poster released
More City of Bones stuff *squees* Ok, so it's over a year to go but I'm already majorly excited ;) The cast are in Toronto reading for the start of filming. You can check out pictures of that on TMI Source right here. And check out the poster below!



(Don't forget to check out the newly released book cover for Clockwork Princess right here, too!)

First four Chamber of Secrets chapters now available on Pottermore
For those of us who were lucky enough to get into the Pottermore beta it seems like an absolute age since we had new material to look at. Ok, so it may be slightly our own fault (I'm not the only one who rushed through it in pretty much one sitting, am I?) which is why I'm happy that we just have 4 chapters to explore as of yesterday. Slytherin Pottermore members got a sneaky peak a day earlier after being crowned winners of the first ever Pottermore House Cup (I'm still a bit bitter - Hufflepuff came last and were pretty much never in with a shout, although I suppose that makes it more realistic...). There's plenty of new items to collect, more beautiful artwork and of course, most importantly, new snippets from J.K. Rowling herself. Have you checked out the new information? Do you still use Pottermore or has the novelty worn off? I'm interested to hear your thoughts so do leave a comment!

Mockingjay film split confirmed
First up in Hunger Games news is the confirmation that the final instalment of the trilogy will be split in to two films. This had been rumoured for quite a long time but now the two films have official release dates. Mockingjay Part 1 will hit cinemas on 21st November 2014, followed by Mockingjay Part 2 on 20th November 2015. It's a pretty long way off and Catching Fire is still in the casting stage (see next story) but hey, something to look forward to, right? Obviously with the announcement of a film split comes the inevitable Harry Potter connection. HP did it, then Twilight did it. The Hobbit is doing it. Splitting a book to make two films seems to be the "in" thing, that's for sure. Whether it'll prove to be the right decision, well, time will tell. I'm not convinced. But when I finally get round to re-reading Mockingjay I'll be able to judge it better. To see how the fansites want it to be split, check out this article on Hollywood.com.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman cast as Plutarch Heavensbee in Catching Fire
Most of the world is still waiting for Finnick casting news but we'll take what we can get ;) Read more about Phillip Seymour Hoffman's casting here on Mockingjay.net. Lionsgate has also revealed a section of their Facebook page dedicated to casting news, which you can find at this link.

2 comments:

  1. How have you not seen Misfits?! I'd highly recommend it :) And Robert Sheehan was great in it.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so bad at getting into TV shows - by the time I've heard of them they're usually in their second or third series! :P I keep meaning to catch up with Misfits, though. It's high up on my very long list of shows I need to watch :) hehe. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...