Thursday 28 June 2012

Reasons to be excited about The Mortal Instruments films.

With the news breaking last week that Jemima West has been cast as Isabelle for the upcoming film adaptation of The Mortal Instruments Series (she looks perfect to me!) I decided to put together a list of my top ten reasons why I'm super excited for the films (and why you should be, too!). Enjoy!

10. Cassandra Clare talks about the films. Sure, she's not directly involved, but all her Tumblr coverage of the casting and news makes me super excited for what's to come. Author approval means everything *nods*.

9. The locations. New York, the Silent City, the Institute - places we want to see not just inside our heads.

8. The books are amazing! Words of wisdom from my friend when asked to help contribute ideas to this blog post. True.

7. 5 books so far. Hopefully this means at least 5 films. We'll be watching TMI films with our kids if all the books get made into films. Well, maybe not. But it'll keep us going for a longgg time.

6. More tweets like this from Cassandra Clare.



5. There are no more Harry Potter films. This will forever make me sad. The excitement of a new trailer, new photos, cast speculation - I miss it. But all that exciting stuff is still to come with TMI!


4. Jamie Campbell Bower. We all love bad boy Jace, and who better than the gorgeous Jamie to play him?!

3. Shipping. So many couples to ship, so little time. We've spent ages with just our own images of those all important scenes in our head, but now we'll get to see them played out. Imagine how much the Internet will blow up when we get out first glimpse of some of the series' couples together for the first time. Tumblr will EXPLODE.

2. More people will read the books. You know those people we all know who only read a series once they realise there's a film? (*cough* The Hunger Games *cough*) Well, we don't mind if it means even more people read the books and therefore you get more people to talk (i.e squee with joy) about them with.

1. Magnus Bane. 'Nuff said.

Are you excited for The Mortal Instruments film adaption?

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with everything you just said! Wow :) He is totally a perfect jace, the same for the actress playing isabelle. So excited for these movies, it may fill the hole left in my heart after the end of the HP series. CAN'T WAIT. <3
    p.s i love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! The casting seems so perfect so far, I can't wait for more cast members to be announced :) thanks for checking out the blog, your comment really made me smile :)

      Delete
  2. I think you're right about all of these. At first, I wanted Alex Pettyfer to play Jace but I'm coming round to the idea of Jamie Campbell Bower and the girl casted for Isabelle is perfect.
    Also: Point #1 is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...